Sensors and Components
- 3-axis accelerometers
- 3-axis gyroscope
- Digital compass
- Optical heart rate monitor
- Ambient light sensor
- Vibration motor
- Touch screen
- Monochrome LCD
- Backlight for low light visibility
When using bike tracking, always pay attention and mind the rules of the road.
Surge has been tested up to 5 ATM meaning it is sweat, rain and splash proof. However, the device is not swim proof. We also recommend taking Surge off before showering because, as with any wearable device, it’s best for your skin if the band stays dry and clean.
If the band gets wet or if you sweat in it, remove and completely dry the band before putting it back on. Clean the band with a mild soap-free cleanser like Cetaphil or Aquanil. Give your wrist a rest by taking the band off every now and then.Learn more.
Surge’s wristband is made of a flexible, durable elastomer material similar to that used in many sports watches. Surge also has a surgical-grade stainless steel buckle.
Like all heart rate monitoring technologies, accuracy is affected by physiology, location of device, and different movements. Learn more about wear during workouts.
Battery and Power
We recommend charging your Surge every few days to ensure you are always tracking.
- Battery life: lasts up to 7 days
- Battery type: Lithium-polymer
- Charge time: One to two hours
- Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- Operating temperature: -20° to 45° C
- Maximum operating altitude: 9.144 km
- Tracks 7 days of detailed motion data – minute by minute.
- Tracks daily totals for past 30 days
- Stores heart rate data at 1 second intervals during exercise tracking and at 5 second intervals all other times
- Sample rate for GPS is 1 Hz
Surge syncs automatically and wirelessly to tablets, computers and 120 leading iOS, Android and Windows smartphones using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology.
- Syncing range: 6 meters
- Notifications: Text and call via Bluetooth 4.0
- Music control: via Bluetooth Classic
- Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port
- Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices