- Scan multiple photos, slides, film and negatives and get superior1 colour accuracy with 6-colour, 96-bit scanning – exclusive to HP. Capture every detail with 4800 x 9600-dpi hardware resolution2. Get infrared-based dust /scratch removal too.
HP-exclusive 6-colour high-definition scanning for photos, slides, film and negatives.
- Convert packs of photos, slides, film and negatives into vivid, colour accurate digital images and get the highest quality scans1 with 6-colour, 96-bit scanning – exclusive to HP. Get high definition results at 4800 x 9600-dpi resolution2.
Scan stacks of photos, slides, films or negatives, and automatically remove dust and scratches.
- Scan multiple originals – sixteen 35 mm slides, 30 negative frames, two medium format (120 mm) or one large format film frame or four 10 x 15 cm prints – and save as separate files. Remove dust and scratches using built-in infrared technology.
Preserve your memories at the touch of a button – plus easy colour restoration and photo fixing.
- Digitise photos, slides, film and negatives using one-touch buttons. Bring old originals back to life with a range of intuitive tools. Restore faded colour, remove red-eye and bring detail out of dark photos, all using HP Real Life technologies.
- Scanner type
- Scan resolution, optical
- Up to 4800 dpi
- Bit depth
- Levels of grayscale
- Multifeed detection
- Transparency adapter
- Built-in (TMA); sixteen 35 mm slides, thirty 35 mm negative frames, two medium format frames, or 4 x 5-in film
- Task speed
- 10 x 15 cm colour photo to file: 13 sec for multiple image scan, 29 sec for single image scan
- 35 mm slides to file: 11 sec for multiple slide scan, 35 sec for single slide scan
- 35 mm negative to file: 14 sec for multiple negative scan, 45 sec for single negative scan
- OCR A4 text page to Microsoft® Word®: 25 sec for single image scan
- 10 x 15 cm colour photo to share/e-mail: 28 sec for single image scan
- A4 PDF to e-mail: 59 sec for single image scan
- Scan size (flatbed), maximum
- 216 x 311 mm
- Media types
- Paper (plain, inkjet, photo, banner), envelopes, labels, cards (index, greeting), 3-D objects, 35 mm slides and negatives (using transparent materials adapter), iron-on transfers
- Scan file format
- Windows®: BMP, JPEG, TIFF, TIFF compressed, PNG, PCX, Flashpix (FPX), PDF, PDF searchable, RTF, HTM, TXT; Macintosh: TIFF, PICT, JPEG, GIF, FlashPix, Plain Text, PDF, HTML, Rich Text
- Scan input modes
- Front-panel: Scan (reflective scans from the glass), Scan film, Copy, Scan to PDF; HP Photosmart software; user application via TWAIN; Transparent Materials Aapter (transmissive scans of film materials)
- Control panel
- 4 front-panel buttons (Scan, Scan film, Copy, Scan to PDF)