Alarm, keypad, motion sensor and the brains of the system.
The sensor that looks out for doors, windows and rooms.
The easiest way to arm and disarm. Without a passcode.
Know what’s happening at home from anywhere.
Easy ways to arm and disarm.
You can arm and disarm with the Nest app from anywhere. Tap Nest Tag on Nest Guard as you come and go. Or just ask your Google Assistant to arm for you. You can also enter a passcode on Nest Guard’s keypad. (But only if you like passcodes.)
- Nest Tag
- Nest app
- Google Assistant
No stressful countdowns, loud beeps, or rushingout the door.
You can choose how much time you need to arm or disarm before the alarm goes off – up to 5 minutes. For doors you use most, you might give yourself more time. For doors you hardly use, you can set No Delay so the alarm goes off instantly when it opens. And if you forget to arm, you’ll get a Remind Me alert on your phone.
- No Rush arm/disarm
- Remind Me alerts
Size and weight
- Diameter: 3.7 in (9.5 cm)
- Height: 2.1 in (5.3 cm)
- Mass: 9 oz without cable (256 g)
- Cable length: 6 ft (2 m)
- Power adapter input: 100-240V AC, 50/60Hz, 0.35A
- Power adapter output: 5V DC, 2.5A
- Nest Guard input: 5V DC, 2.5A
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- 12-hour battery backup
- Security base with built-in keypad, siren and motion sensor
- The brain of the system that monitors all Nest Detects
- Arm and disarm with Nest Tag, passcode or the Nest app
- Talks with a friendly voice
- Control Nest Secure from your phone
- Tamper detection
- Cellular backup (sold separately, not available in all areas)
- English (US)
- 3 security levels (alarm off, home and guarding, away and guarding)
- Info button
- Keypad for passcode entry
- Motion sensing (90° field of view to 10 ft)
- Proximity sensing (wake on approach)
- Tamper detection (movement, jamming)
Audio and lights
- LED ring
- Siren: 85dB SPL at 10 feet (3 m)
- Requires a compatible phone or tablet with the free Nest app and Bluetooth 4.0. For more info, visit nest.com/requirements.
- Nest Guard requires an indoor outlet and Wi-Fi connection with internet access.
- Limit one Nest Guard per home.
- Nest Secure and cellular backup do not provide third-party monitored emergency notifications, response or police dispatch.
- Mobile notifications require working Wi-Fi and internet or a cellular backup subscription (cellular backup is sold separately and may not be available in all areas).
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, 2.4GHz or 5GHz (WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, WEP encryption supported)
- Cellular (4G LTE)
- Cellular backup subscription is sold separately and may not be available in all areas.
- 802.15.4 @ 2.4GHz
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
- 32° to 104°F (0° to 40°C)
- Indoor use only
- Humidity: Up to 80% RH unpackaged
- Pressure: Up to 10,000 ft altitude
- UL 1023, Household Burglar-Alarm System Units
- UL 639, Intrusion-Detection Units
- Comes with a 2-year limited warranty
- Ambient temperature: –4° to 113°F (–20° to 45°C)
- Humidity: Up to 80% RH in packaging
- Pressure: Up to 15,000 ft altitude
- RoHS compliant
- REACH compliant
- EU Persistent Organic Materials (EU POP)
- Recyclable packaging
- Title 20 battery charger compliant
- Learn more at nest.com/responsibility